Thursday 31 December 2009

2009

1.What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
-Ridden a horse western (cowboy!) style.
-Shook hands with a monkey.
-Held a snake.
-Went to Hollywood & put my hands in John Travolta's hand prints :)
-Ridden an elephant! (and its about time this got published...)




2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do resolutions because I don't believe in all that rubbish. Though I did tell myself NOT TO GET ATTACHED to any more horses. I failed.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One old friend, thats it.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
-America
-Japan

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
HOW ABOUT A HORSE? And some frigging money would be nice!



7. What date(s) from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Wednesday the 2nd of September. Rode Toffee for the last time and said good bye :(


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Pffft don't really know.
Leading the hack on Toffee and just bombing through the woods was pretty damn good, considering that pony wouldn't go anywhere alone at the start.

9. What was your biggest failure?
LOL i suspect it was JLPT..

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope. Unless you count my numerous horse-related injuries.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I'm revising this answer. I bought a new coat for work. It was a big rip off, as are most horse related items. However it has withstood some cold weather and survived many attempts at being ripped by hungry horses. So I suppose it was a good investment. THAT IS SAD, ISN'T IT?

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Louise Howard for her constant HILARITY (if thats even a word) and for being the only other person in the world that shares the view of Gorton/ Belle Vue being a decent day out.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Jemma Britcher and that BLONDE MOPATOP showing me up on the back of the bus at 3am was quite appauling.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Riding lessons & other horsey things. America. And the frigging too-expensive transport system of Japan.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
When we made it to Manns Chinese Theatre Show and I saw the words JOHN TRAVOLTA etched in stone.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Loadssss. Halo reminds me of Toffee.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Don't know. The same.
Richer or poorer? Definitley poorer LOL.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Probably should have studied more LOL. Wish I'd ridden more Toffee while I had the chance!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Don't know actually.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At Tokyo Disney Land with my insane friends.
21. Who deleted question 21?
Your Dad.

22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I only have one response to this:




23. How many one-night stands?
Who would seriously answer this?

24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Home & Away OF COURSE. Although Shameless and Two Pints of Lager & A Packet of Crisps were up there as usual.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
LOL most probably, and if I hated you last year, you can tenner bet I hate you even more now :D

26. What was the best book you read?
I don't think I managed to complete one HA. But I'm reading Ju-On 2 at the moment. Slowly...

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That I actually liked The Smiths. Or maybe that was 2008, I'm not sure anymore.

28. What did you want and get?
HOLLYWOOD.

29. What did you want and not get?
A horse. *HINT*

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmm. Can't remember what films I saw this year. 'Orphan' was okay.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 21. I had a party. People who I considered worthy were invited. I got drunk. Doohan got drunk and trod on people's feet.




32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A 14.2hh Norwegian Fjord gelding with good dressage prospects.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Right, well it was 'if it smells ok, you can wear it.' Don't think I've ever spent so much time in jodhpurs & chaps, either.

34. What kept you sane?
Recently, it's been a certain chestnut horsey by the name of North McQueen.
Also Louise Howard for her words of classicness LOL. (And, you should be honoured to be up there with someone so dearly beloved as that horse.) Yes, Louise Howard and That Wig.




35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
John Travolta of the 70s, of course.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't really do politics. Occasionally I like to express opinions on such matters though. My opinions are usually very offensive to others, but I do not care.

37. Who did you miss?
Spose I miss the UK crew. And that little pony....

38. Who was the best new person you met?
WELL I COULDN'T POSSIBLY CHOOSE. Met some crazy people in Japan.
But I also met this BEAUTIFUL horse... Northy :)


39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Don't drink too much Strawberry Chuhai *shiver*

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
LLALALALALALLALAA ALL AROUND THE WORLD  LALALALAL
(no I'm not a chav that sits on the back of the bus listening to the chipmunk version of that song, HONEST.)




1 comment:

  1. *speech*
    Ladies and gentleman of this blog, i'd like to thank Rachel Slater for this honour of not only being mentioned in the above but for winning a decent award.
    Rachel will get a horse if it kills me, even just to shut her up.
    Thank you and goodnight.

    ReplyDelete