Tuesday 1 January 2013

An eventful 2012!

Well what a year it has certainly been. TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED..

At the start of the year I indoctrinated my dear chimp Lauren into the horse riding world and acquired a new riding buddy..

In April I made a very special friendship with a little chestnut pony name of Lily. Thanks for all the confidence you gave me pony  

Also in April, my cousin got married. And I got drunk, blatez.















In May I turned 24. RIDICULOUS. Got drunk again. 


Five days afterwards, IT HAPPENED. The thing I had been waiting for for two whole years! I went home to Tokyo :)
Whilst I was there, I saw my friends...



...Toured a bit..

























...And of course, the best part, I was reunited with my lovely Northy. Best day of my life :) 













After some time in Tokyo I flew to Kyushu, to stay with my friend Fumie in Fukuoka... 


...We also visited Nagasaki and Kumamoto 

























It was SOGOODTOBEBACKINJAPAN!

I returned to the UK in time for June & Isabella's first birthday...














July saw another one of my 'things to do before I die' ticked off the list: I SAW MORRISSEY LIVE IN MANCHESTER AT LAST!

August, my poor Peanut went to the big hamster cage in the sky :( Miss you baba 

















..And I headed to Edinburgh with Smurf, to get our visas sorted for Russia in October!

In September, Rachel/ Soulja Chimp/ Gunter had the AUDACITY to leave us for Middlesbrough, so we had a true chimpfest meal to commiserate the moment.. 














On the 8th October 2012 we landed in Moscow!













After four eventful days in the capital, we took an interesting ride on an overnight train, sharing a cabin with two complete random Russian men, and headed to Saint Petersburg.

























What an experience! 

But the adventures didn't end there, OH NO.
At the start of November, Lauren and I headed to Middlesbrough on the classy megabus to be reunited with Gunter and cook her dinner for her cause we're nice like that and pretty talented chefs.















We made it back to Manchester in time for Jenna's 21st birthday. I proceeded to get drunk again, but Lauren wasn't far behind me. 














It seems November was a pretty busy month all in all, because next, I was presented with Patch- my 'project' pony. A bit of a tearaway that I'm apparently going to work with and do some dressage on next year. The work has begun, ladies and gentlemen, and SOME progress is being made..














If that wasn't enough excitement for November, Smurf and I continued our voyage across the world that month, with a little trip to New York. Much money was spent.

























Still in November, and upon arrival back in the UK, I went to pick up my new pet!
Rupert the 4 month old albino African Pygmy Hedgehog came home on 24th November 2012.















And the final extravaganza of the month, a trip to London on the 28th to be reunited with the one and only JEMMA BRITCHER, who I hadn't seen in four years..




















December, my cousin Mason's first birthday!
























Rachel came back from Middlesbrough for a christmas reunion














Rupert took ill and sadly died on boxing day :(

Booked my tickets for Japan 2013! 

Met Shaun Ryder from the Happy Mondays about 2 minutes before 2012 ended!









2012 


1.What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
-Held a hedgehog
-Met Shaun Ryder!  


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept most of mine. Last year I said I would visit two places in Japan that I've never been (made it to a few more than two; Kawagoe, Fukuoka, Nagasaki and Kumamoto!) I also said I'd visit a new country, which I did- Russia. And I said I'd walk to work to save money WHICH I HAVE DONE EVERY SINGLE SHIFT. The other two weren't so successful- I said I'd learn Russian, which I sort of did, a little. I didn't get my Northy tattoo though... still building up to that. 
For next year I resolve to:
-Start studying to take JLPT Level 1
-Do as much translation work as possible
-Visit another new place in Japan 


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No 

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My lovely Peanut and Rupert :( 

5. What countries did you visit?
Japan, Russia & America. Oh yeah, and Scotland LOL. 

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Motivation to actually do what I say I'm going to! 

7. What date(s) from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 13th 2012, when I was reunited with my Northy. 

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
This translation biz I reckon 


9. What was your biggest failure?
My attempts to learn Russian! 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No 


11. What was the best thing you bought?
Two things: my riding lesson on Northy. And Rupert, even just for a short time. 

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Lauren Jones, what a legend you've been this year. LOL 

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Your DAD. 

14. Where did most of your money go?
Travel! 

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing Northy. 

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
You Are My Everything - Jung Ha Yoon 

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Happier.
Richer or poorer? Richer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sleeping LOL 

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing 


20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my cousins & in the emergency vets :( 

21. Who deleted question 21?
Your DAD. 

22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
No. 

23. How many one-night stands?
Same answer as every year ---> Who would seriously answer this? 

24. What was your favourite TV programme?
There was a few good shows this year! Silk made a come back THANK GOD, The Paradise was awesome, and also Last Tango In Halifax

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Don't think so BUT THERE'S STILL TIME. 

26. What was the best book you read?
The Hunger Games Trilogy.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Don't actually know still dedicated to Morrissey! 

28. What did you want and get?
Japan/ Russia  

29. What did you want and not get?
My tattoo :( I'm too wuss. 

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Siver Linings Playbook without a doubt. 

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 24. I went to the pub with my friends and got fucked off my face. Business as usual. 

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having to go to work LOL 

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Black. Duh. 

34. What kept you sane?
My visit to Northy, and the fact I actually got to leave this shit country! 

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I had a bit of a thing for Severus Snape this year. LOL. 

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The state of this country's government always stirs me up quite frankly. 

37. Who did you miss?
I missed my Northy for the 364 days of this year that I wasn't with him. 

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I met some PRETTY FUNNY people at work, and also made some nice new friends in Japan :)

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. 
YOLO. 

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I FLY TO YOUUUUUUU FROM RUSSIAAAAAAAAAA WITH LOOOOOOOOOVE 



No comments:

Post a Comment